Probate Lawyer in Knoxville & Nashville
Step-by-Step Help Through the Probate Process: 615.603.3588
Losing a loved one is an incredibly difficult experience. While dealing with the grief and sorrow after a loss, however, you may find yourself questioning what will happen to your loved one’s estate. Whether you have been named as an executor of the estate or the state has begun the court-supervised legal process of administering the estate, you will need to know the next steps involved in Tennessee’s probate process. Our Nashville probate attorney can guide you.
- Are you in need of assistance through the probate process? We can help.
- Has a loved one died without the presence of a will (dying intestate)? Speak with us today.
- Are you looking to help your loved ones avoid a complex probate process? Our firm can assist.
No matter what your case involves, we are prepared to guide your steps toward the most peaceful and satisfactory resolution. We recognize the importance of reaching an outcome that not only preserves your family’s legacy, but protects the peace of mind of all parties involved.
Contact The Brocklin Law Firm, PC at 615.603.3588 to get started on a confidential and complimentary initial consultation. We can discuss all elements of your case and determine the best legal action to take.
Tennessee’s Probate Process: What You Can Expect
- Step 1: The court will recognize whether or not there are assets subject to the probate process. The courts may assess various elements of the estate, including the validity and presence of a will.
- Step 2: A court recognized administrator (named the executor) takes over the estate. The executor will be responsible for notifying all beneficiaries and administering the estate, assets, or debts.
- Step 3: The executor must take a complete inventory of the estate. This includes documenting any finances, debts, or other assets. All debts or creditor claims must be resolved at this time.
- Step 4: All relevant tax forms will need to be completed and filed in a timely manner. Failure to do so could complicate the probate process.
- Step 5: Once previous steps have been completed, the appropriate beneficiaries can begin to receive their rightful inheritances.
Questions? Contact Our Nashville Estate Planning Attorney Today
The Brocklin Law Firm, PC proudly represents individuals through every stage of the probate process. We can handle a wide range of probate-related matters, including trust administration, probate administration, estate administration, or litigation. We can also provide assistance to individuals who are experiencing a dispute or disagreement over inheritance rights.
- We meet clients when they are experiencing one of the most difficult times of their lives and give them the opportunity to ease their burden.
- We understand that overseeing a probate is often a client’s first interaction with our judicial system. We can help if you are overwhelmed or daunted.
- We handle everything for you, take burden from your shoulders, stop creditor calls, and communicate with beneficiaries and potential heirs to resolve disputes.
Elderly are particularly vulnerable to financial abuses being inflicted against them, often by purported caregivers or less fortunate family members. We always identify and litigate these abuses, while righting the wrongs against the elderly!
Let us help you reach a favorable outcome. Request your consultation by calling 615.603.3588 now. We serve clients in Nashville and Knoxville, TN.